Middlewich United Reformed Church
The United Reformed Church is situated on Queen Street in Middlewich, close to the town centre. Originally known as Queen Street Congregational Church, it was constituted in 1797. However, it was 1813 before the first building was opened on the present site. This was replaced in 1871 by the present building.
Along with the majority of Presbyterian and Congregational Churches, the Queen Street Congregational Church became part of the United Reformed Church in 1972.
At the present time it is part of the South Cheshire Group which has a team of Ministers serving seven churches. At present Middlewich is in vacancy and the Interim Moderator is Revd Murray George. We have too retired Ministers in the congregation, Revd Bill Farquhar and Revd David Spence, who each lead the worship about once a month.